Saturday, December 7, 2013

Oh South Dakota...

I get to travel quite a bit for my job as a crop adjuster. In the last 6 months I have seen almost every corner of our beautiful state - from Buffalo to Yankton and Pine Ridge to Aberdeen. I've seen almost every crop, every type of livestock - even a camel staring at a dino over by 1880 town! But what I really love about my job is the farmers and ranchers I meet and work with on a daily basis - they are the nicest, most down to earth people and they all have their own story - and something to teach me.
somewhere in south west SD  - green grass galore!

North of Faith SD 
my favorite view - the drive home!

But I haven't just been here at home - I've been sent to ND, NE, WI and will be heading to Iowa here in January. While I wasn't the biggest fan of my time in North Dakota (that might just be a SD thing ;)) I really did enjoy my three weeks in Wisconsin - I met some of the most interesting farmers, shimmed up a bunch of grain bins, saw some pretty country, looked at lots of dairy cows (made me miss my beef cows!) and gained a new appreciation for South Dakota's wide open spaces, straight roads, and a speed limit over 45!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers, so leave a commnet below!!